November 27, 2009

Family




As I sip my morning coffee alone with my thoughts and this computer in front of me, I think of the many things to be thankful for this year, but what stood out most as I reflect particularly on yesterday is family: not just my wife and kids, which I love and am so thankful for having in my life, but my extended family as well. Which made me realize another reason why I Luv Saipan.

My sister and her family, my mom's brother and his wife and nephew, and my brother in law's parents celebrated Thanksgiving with myself, my wife, my kids, and my mom. It was a wonderful time as we feasted, talked, laughed, and shared. We were merry.

I was happy that my uncle was with us. My mom, who's ill and bedridden, cried when she realized her brother was with her at her bedside. It was a sad moment when she cried, but nonetheless, it was something I know she appreciated, and as she is in the dusk of her life, having family around is what matters most.


(My uncle and aunt with my mom)

Which brings me back to why I Luv Saipan. Being here has given me (as well as my wife and kids) new experiences and memories with family: my sister and her family, my aunties and uncles, my cousins, nieces and nephews. I have so many relatives here, although regretfully, I don't know all of them or could be closer, but hopefully, I (and my wife and kids) will have a chance to spend more time with them and make more memories.

Cheers to family!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.



(Kids waiting patiently while I carve up the turkey)



(Kids eating their Thanksgiving meal)


(Relaxing after the meal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails