December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse on Dec 21, 2010


It was another beautiful clear night this evening and my wife happened to notice the moon start to change color.  She called to me and pointed out the moon and said it looks like an eclipse is happening.  We both had read over the weekend about an upcoming lunar eclipse, but I thought we had missed it on Saipan or that it was only in North America.  Lucky for us, and thanks to my wife's keen observation, we got to witness the total Lunar Eclipse of 2010.  It was amazing seeing the moon turn orange on a clear starry night on Saipan.  Another memory captured and another reason I Luv Saipan!



Click on the image above to see more pictures of the lunar eclipse.

(hu guaiya hao mama)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to say that I Luv your blog! My husband and I currently live in the midwestern part of the U.S., but we are moving to Saipan this summer for a few years. My husband spent a couple of weeks there last summer, but I've not ever been and have been so curious about what it's like there. Your blog has given me so much to look forward to and puts me more at ease. Thanks so much for posting such great things about the island. Don't stop! We'll be watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Julie. I'm happy you enjoy the blog. Saipan is a beautiful place and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails