November 17, 2010

I Luv Rota Too


Rota is two islands (3 if you count uninhabited Goat Island - Aguiguan ) south of Saipan, or just one island north of Guam.  From Saipan, it's a 30 minute plane ride on Freedom Air.

My mother was born and buried on Rota.  She always said, "Rota is beautiful."  I used to think that was just a home island bias, but after spending some time on Rota to bury my mom and to visit her grave, I agree with her.  You were right, Mom, Rota is beautiful.


My mother's favorite place on Rota was the Bird Sanctuary.  I finally saw it for myself just recently, and it became my favorite too.  I would even go further and say that the Bird Sanctuary on Rota is the most beautiful spot in the CNMI.  I could spend hours there.


Every car that drives by you'll see a hand raise up and wave.  Everyone is friendly.  And if you have family on Rota, forget about it.  Be prepared to eat and be given things to take back with you.


The beaches are pristine.  The natural beauty enchants you.  You'll leave Rota thinking when you can come back and visit again.  Rota truly is Nature's Treasure Island as it's welcome sign on the road from the airport shares with you.


After the recent visits, I must admit, I Luv Rota too!

To see more photos, click on the above image.

(hu guaiya hao mama)

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails