February 7, 2010

Ah the trades!

The trade winds are a blowin'.  This is my favorite time of the year.  January through March, trade winds blow through Saipan, the temperature is a little cooler, and the humidity can barely be felt.  If it could be this way all year, it would make this paradise, well, like heaven, I suppose.

This past week, before picking up my daughters from school, my wife and I, and our toddler son, grabbed some lunch from our favorite place, Himawari, and headed to American Memorial Park.  We found a large tree to park under and we looked out onto the lagoon.  From our spot, we saw the sails of windsurfers zoom and criss cross each other as they power their boards with the trades.

One day I'll try that, but for the time being, I was content, enjoying my company, my lunch, the view, and the trades.  Ah, the trades, another reason I Luv Saipan!

(A video of the windsurfers at Micro Beach)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails