January 22, 2010

The Little Things

AAH! Since the New Year things have been quite busy.  Fortunately, this week, I was able to walk along the path on Beach Road while I was waiting for my truck to be serviced.

Luckily I brought my camera with me and I decided to get off the path and walk along the beach edge.  I sat down on a rock under a tree and began to observe my surroundings.  It was windy, rain drizzled every now and then, the sky was overcast, and the air was cooler than normal.  I looked out at the reefline and it was a choppy sea due to the wind.  My gaze caught fairy terns flying around like white stunt kites in the wind, dipping and darting, soaring high then dropping low as if they were going to crash into lagoon.

Then something caught my attention by my feet.  A green shell began to move.  It was a hermit crab, about the size of a bing cherry.  The shell it had was bright green, and it was quite beautiful.  I picked it up and let it walk across my hand and then I put it down and shot some footage of it walking along the sand.

Saipan's landscape is beautiful and leaves one in awe at times, but we forget that there are also the little things like this little green shelled hermit crab that contain just as much beauty.

Cheers to the little things!  Just another reason why I Luv Saipan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails