December 21, 2009

Sunrise at Ladder Beach


(Sunrise over Naftan Point from Ladder Beach)

I was up early this morning and I headed out to catch the sunrise on Saipan.  I've always wanted to do this and I was rewarded with what I witnessed.

I headed out to Ladder Beach, which is on the southern part of Saipan, just south of the airport.  It's called Ladder Beach because sometime ago you would need a ladder (or rope) to get down to the beach below, which is a little cove, with two large caves.  The water is pristine, and the beach is a little rocky, but the rocks are really coral that has been washed onto the shore.  It's a beautiful beach, and you no longer need a ladder or rope to get down since steps have been constructed.

Hardly anyone goes to this beach.  It's just you and nature most of the time.  This morning, nature treated me to a spectacular sunrise at Ladder Beach.  I kept saying WOW and Oh My God!  Truly breath taking and so blessed to experience that sunrise.

And yes, it became another reason I Luv Saipan!

Here's a video I put together of the experience, and also more pictures below that.  Enjoy!





Ladder Beach Sunrise (photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails